Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One week until Zimbabwe

Hey friends, sorry I haven’t had too much to say these last few weeks. Some of the details have begun to work out for my transition to full time ministry. I sent out my application to join the Gideons. It looks like I will be able to spend at least one day a week at Central Texas LifeCare counseling young guys who come in for STD tests and possibly even speaking in schools about STDs and abstinence. I have also had it on my heart to organize a group of people in the New Braunfels area who have a passion for evangelism and are willing to do/pray for street witnessing in our area. This might include organizing an evangelism training course to help start this ministry. I’m officially starting to get excited about the upcoming trip to Zimbabwe! I will be there from March 8th-April 5th. We are planning to share the gospel in several churches and in several dozen school assemblies to tens of thousands of students. Now is the time when we need prayer the absolute most. Please pray that God will send the Holy Spirit to Zimbabwe in front of us and begin doing the work before we even get there. Pray that He will begin opening doors and opening hearts to hear the good news, that their hearts will be good soil ready to hear His word. Pray that we get our flesh out of the way and that we will be pure, clean, holy vessels to carry God’s word. And pray that we will have safe travels and that all of our financial needs will be met. Our main prayer verse as we GO is Isaiah 61:1,

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
 because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
 He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
 and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.”

Thank you all so much for the prayer and support! I’m not sure what internet access I will have while I am in Zimbabwe, but I’ll do my best to keep everyone as up to date as possible. Thanks again! 

In Christ,
Steve Stockwell

No comments:

Post a Comment