Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Leaving for Malawi in one week!



Greetings to you in the name of Jesus.  It is time once again for Youth Education Strategies to begin a mission project in Africa!  YES is going to be traveling to share the Gospel in Blantyre, Malawi from May 15 through June 6.  My heart becomes exceedingly happy when I am preparing to travel to Africa – even more so when I am going to a new area. This will be the seventh country in Africa where I have been blessed to minister.  Our Malawian team leader, Pastor Alex, has scheduled our team to share the Good News in thirty-five schools with several thousand students and staff.  I am very excited to see how God will move in Malawi!

On this mission, I will be working along with my father, Evangelist David Stockwell, and my brother, Sean Stockwell.  My dad has been ministering in Malawi since 2001, and has helped train and establish a team of evangelists there who preach the Gospel and disciple those who receive Christ on an on-going basis.  I am always happy to work with my father, and I am especially excited to work with my brother, as this will be the first time we have had the opportunity to go on mission together.

Our recent project in Belize was definitely successful.  God worked in mighty ways, and many lives have been permanently impacted.  Our team was able to share the Gospel in ten schools and four churches with more than 3,000 people.  Many of these individuals made the commitment to turn from their sin and follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Our team was also able to distribute 2,000 tracts and over 400 New Testaments.

Please keep our team and the people of Malawi in your prayers.  Pray that the Holy Spirit will give us wisdom, protection, and provision as we minister the Gospel in Blantyre, Malawi.  Many blessings to you in the name of Jesus!


In Christ,
Steven Stockwell
Galatians 2:20

P.S. Don't forget to "like" YES on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment